Installing OZIGRIP holds
Although there are many ways you can suspend holds, OZIGRIP recommends the use of a rated nylon sling.
A nylon sling removes a lot of the variables created when using a rope.
Two methods can be used to attach your OZIGRIP hold to the narrow sling;
a) thread directly through the holds eyelet then back through the sling to form a choke on the eyelet.
b) use a carabiner/steel o-rings to fix the hold to the end of the sling.
All nylon slings must have a kN (kiloNewton) rating and must be rated at 22kN as a minimum standard.
All Carabiners/steel o-rings must have a kN (kiloNewton) rating stamped on the product and must be rated at 27kN as a minimum standard.
Do not use any carabiners/steel o-rings that do not have a kN rating.
Do not use any nylon slings that do not have a kN rating.
1) Attaching the sling to the hold - feed the narrow sling end through the eye of your OZIGRIP hold.
2) Feed one end of the sling through the loop of the other end. Pull sling upward to form a choke.
3) Attaching the hold to a bar - hold each end on either side of the bar.
4) Feed the hold through the loop on the opposite end of the sling. Pull the hold downwards to form a choke on the bar.
5) How the choke should look on the hold and the bar.
CARABINER/STEEL O-RING METHOD (Recommended on M8 eyelets)
1) Lay the sling evenly over the top of the bar.
2) Feed one end of the sling through the other, loop the sling end over the bar and back down. When weight is added down, the sling will pull tight around the bar, stopping it from moving side to side.
3) Hook the carabiner or steel o-ring through both ends of the sling and attach the eye of your OZIGRIP hold. Make sure the carabiner is locked or the steel o-ring nut has been secured.
4) How the locked carabiner should look looped through the sling and eyelet.